So you want to be an Airbnb host and your looking forward to making some money. Well here is what you should do.
1. Register an account with Airbnb. Register here and get £16 free Airbnb credit.
2. Add a new listing under your profile. Write a detailed description of your room/whole place. Try and describe factually and keep in mind what a traveller will be most interested in.
3. Your going to need to upload pictures for your room. Get the Airbnb professional photographer to take some pictures of your listing. This is a free service and more importantly having verified pictures on your profile should push you up the search rankings. You can apply for the free photographer here.
4. Make sure the room is ready for your first guest. Obviously the room should be as clean as possible with fresh sheets (think what you would expect from a hotel). But also your going to want to remove as much clutter as possible. A guest is not going to be impressed by your nick-naks and family heirlooms filling up all the draws and wardrobes. Take them out and put them somewhere else.
5. Make sure you are available to greet your guests. Now is a good time to mention any house rules.
6. I try to leave my guests well alone during their stay. If I happen to see them I might say “can i get you anything?” but thats it. I don’t provide an ‘experience’ I leave the great city of London to do that for me.
7. You may want to enquire with your guests at what time they will be checking out on their last day. Some do need to catch a flight home and may need to leave at a very early hour. I do allow guests to leave luggage with me if they are getting a late flight home.
8. Re-set for the next guests. Make sure the room is adequately ventilated and the sheets are fresh.
9. You will need to leave guest feedback. You should do this as soon as Aribnb allows you so your guest feels they should do the same.