Tips for giving a excellent hosting experience
1. Be very clear about what your offering If you don’t provide breakfast then say so clearly in your listing description. If you don’t allow use of the kitchen for example then best to get these things out in the open at the beginning.
2. Communicate with your guest prior to the arrival especially when it comes to giving directions to your listing
3. Make sure the room is clean and presentable ideally no clutter and bits and bobs hanging around and not wardrobes full of old clothes. Think hotel.
4. Clean sheets and towels seriously this is a must.
5. Make sure the bathroom is squeaky clean on their arrival no unsightly hairs around the bath etc.
6. Greet your guest in person when they arrive a big smile can help, try and look as happy as you can to meet them even if you’ve just finished a late shift.
7. Provide wi-fi internet for free; seriously you shouldn’t consider charging for this.
8. A universal plug adaptor.
9. Set specific times for check in and check out. As with hotels, never let new guests see a messy room. Everything must be 100 per cent clean and tidy on their arrival.
10. Make sure guests have their privacy in fact I just stay well clear and let them do their thing
11. Take the right photos and take plenty Airbnb supply a free photography service so use it.
12. Be cheaper than the competition even if its just a pound or two difference , everyone likes to think they got a bargain.
Some additional items you might want to provide in the room to give your guests an excellent experience:
- Bottles of water/snacks
- A hairdryer
- A welcome note
- Recommendations on local places to eat
- Discount vouchers for local attractions
- Tourist maps/bus or train maps
- A bottle of wine and two glasses for couples on a romantic holiday
- Local sim card
- Fresh flowers